Re: [lg policy] Sri Lanka: THE SINHALA LANGUAGE AFTER ‘SINHALA ONLY’

Brookes, Tim brookes at champlain.edu
Mon Jun 20 16:24:26 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues:
This is just a quick and, I hope, non-annoying note to let you know that my
Endangered Alphabets Project has just launched our year's most important
Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign. My aim is to raise $15,000 to create a
major exhibition of carvings for International Mother Language Day in
February 2017. Each carving will say "mother tongue" in an endangered
minority script. When that exhibition is done, I plan to dismantle it and
ship the individual carvings to community organizations in the countries of
origin that are working to preserve endangered cultures and their languages.
Please check out the Kickstarter home page at
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496420787/the-right-to-read-the-right-to-write
.
If you feel you can support the campaign, great. If not, please forward
this email and the link to anyone you think might be interested in our work.
Thanks so much.
Tim Brookes
PS My apologies to those of you who get hit from several directions at once
by this post!