[lg policy] Re: Ok put that down, it's time for an awesome survey on electronic gizmos and doowackeys at sociolinguistic events!

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Thu Jun 23 13:35:27 UTC 2016

Hello conference-goers and conference-getters,

Today is a big day in the UK for demonstrating your preferences for doing things in
other countries. That's right, it's time complete our sociolinguistic events survey!
(And unlike other parochial polls that might be going on, people around the world are
also invited to vote in this one.)

Exquisitely assembled according to the finest principles of social science research,
under the auspices of the Sociolinguistic Events Calendar, this survey promises to
lay bare the cold hard truth about audiences plugged into gizmos and gadgets:
http://goo.gl/forms/BXNYNQLju7ogfwe03.

We've had 91 submissions so far. Hopefully we can get up to that magic number of 100
so we can make fabulously spurious assertions about a representative sample of the
big wide world of sociolinguistics.

Democratically yours,
Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk