[lg policy] Sri Lanka: I Wish My Ministry Gets Lead Role – Mano Ganeshan

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:45:44 UTC 2016

I Wish My Ministry Gets Lead Role – Mano Ganeshan

*by **Thushari Nathaniel*
<http://www.thesundayleader.lk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/153.gif>The
Minister of National Coexistence Dialogue and Official Languages, Leader of
Tamil Progressive Alliance (TPA), Leader of Democratic People’s Front
(DPF), and Member of Parliament of Colombo District, Mano Ganesan, when
asked what role his ministry plays in the reconciliation process said he
wishes that his ministry had a leading role in the Non-Recurrence area. In
an interview with *The Sunday Leader *the Minister said that implementing
the official language policy shall be the prelude to the political
solution. “Look, we are talking about power sharing subject at the
Constitutional Steering Committee. We are yet to formulate laws on this
subject. But we have set of laws on official language subject. Sinhala and
Tamil are official and national languages and English is the link language.
It is a clear law. It needs the implementation. I am committed for this as
I am trilingual. If you cannot implement what is already law, how on earth
you are going to formulate new laws and address the national question? This
is the typical question of the Tamil community members. It is a fair
question. I echo the same,” he added.

http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/10/16/i-wish-my-ministry-gets-lead-role-mano-ganeshan/