[lg policy] Singapore's changing language policy

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 16:51:55 UTC 2017

Hi, Dave

I have done some work on Singapore although not recently.  What I
noticed back in he '80's was that whreas the lg. policy tended to
lead to language shift, espeically for the Tamils, more recently even
Chinese speakers were abandoning Chinese for English, or maybe
"Singlish".

Here are a couple of articles I published on the subject.

1.http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/540/handouts/sparadox/sparadox.html

2.http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/public/tongueti.htm

Best,

HS