[lg policy] Free copies of 'Sociolinguistic Research: Application and Impact' (Lawson & Sayers eds., 2016)

Anne Goodith White anne.goodithwhite at ucd.ie
Wed Feb 1 14:21:17 UTC 2017

Dear Dave ill forward this to the Language in Africa list! What a nice
idea! Kindest regards Goodith White

On Feb 1, 2017 13:02, "Dave Sayers" <dave.sayers at cantab.net> wrote:

Hello one and all,

Today for some reason I received from Routledge three more copies of
'Sociolinguistic Research: Application and Impact' which I co-edited with
Rob Lawson (https://goo.gl/i9lt0b). It's a touching gift but I've already
read the book as it happens, so I think I'll give them away.

I'd like them to go to people who otherwise couldn't access a copy - either
no library access or just can't afford it. I thought the fairest way would
be to invite anyone in that position to enter a prize draw and then I'll
pick at random.

One entry per person so you'll need to log in with a Google account. The
draw is here: https://goo.gl/gGVje9. Entrants are welcome from anywhere
worldwide and I'll post at no cost. I'll close the draw at 12pm GMT (UK
time) on 8 February 2017.

Note: sceptical readers may detect self-promotion rather than philanthropy.
I would like to feel I'm capable of both.

Good luck to all entrants!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University |

[image: Avast logo]

To manage your subscription unsubscribe, or arrange digest format: