[lg policy] Fwd: Call for Papers: Multilingual landscapes: planning, policy, and contact linguistic perspectives

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:25:12 UTC 2017

lp
 Forwarded From: <lpren at caltalk.cal.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Subject: Call for Papers: Multilingual landscapes: planning, policy, and
contact linguistic perspectives

CAL Language Policy Research Network
******************************

*Call for Papers*

*Multilingual landscapes: planning, policy, and contact linguistic
perspectives*
The University of Manchester
21-22 May 2018

Abstracts are invited for a two-day workshop on 'Multilingual landscapes:
planning, policy, and contact linguistic perspectives', hosted by The
University of Manchester's Multilingual Manchester research unit.

The purpose of the workshop is to explore multilingual signage in urban and
rural spaces from the particular perspectives of policy, planning, and
contact linguistics. Key guiding questions which we wish to address are:

   - How can multilingual LLs be accommodated in a general account of a
   community’s multilingual practices?
   - In what way do they reflect different levels of policy in relation to
   diversity management?
   - How can the study of multilingual LLs serve as an instrument and a
   guide for the planning of language provisions and to support accessibility
   of services?

Abstracts are invited that address these and closely related questions,
framed explicitly in the context of contact linguistics and/or planning and
policy. We expect to be able to accept up to 12 papers. Abstracts of around
300 words should be sent to mlm at manchester.ac.uk – please include ‘LL
Workshop Abstract’ in the subject heading – by 1 September 2017.

*Please see full call for papers here:* http://mlm.humanities.
manchester.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Call-for-Papers.pdf
<http://manchester.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03a4376ca74e63ec6ca79914f&id=23d6575bdc&e=c51400d408>

*Copyright © 2017 Multilingual Manchester, All rights reserved.*
We send information about Multilingual Manchester to relevant and
interested parties. You can unsubscribe any time.

*Our mailing address is:*

Multilingual Manchester

Samuel Alexander Building

The University of Manchester

Manchester, Greater Manchester M13 9PL

United Kingdom

Add us to your address book
<http://manchester.us14.list-manage1.com/vcard?u=03a4376ca74e63ec6ca79914f&id=143b658d5a>

You can update your preferences
<http://manchester.us14.list-manage.com/profile?u=03a4376ca74e63ec6ca79914f&id=143b658d5a&e=c51400d408>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://manchester.us14.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=03a4376ca74e63ec6ca79914f&id=143b658d5a&e=c51400d408&c=2575eaa0f0>

[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=03a4376ca74e63ec6ca79914f&afl=1>

 LPReN serves as a conduit for the dissemination of information by its
members without implying endorsement of concepts or opinions expressed.

---

You are currently subscribed to lpren as: haroldfs at gmail.com.

ba4b7ee018c64f0139f37618abfaf498&n=T&l=lpren&o=597106

or send a blank email to leave-597106-136109.ba4b7ee018c64f0139f37618abfaf4
98 at caltalk.cal.org

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com