[lg policy] Professor Wants More College Classes Taught in Hawaiian

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Fri Mar 17 19:21:50 UTC 2017

" “We’re trying to convince our state — the University of Hawaii is part of the state
— that we need to continue Hawaiian native education at the college level as well,”
Kimura said.

He said having college courses such as math and chemistry taught in Hawaiian would
benefit students and help make Hawaiian one of two official languages of the state."

More: http://diverseeducation.com/article/93379/

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk

---