[lg policy] Re: Prof Paul Kerswill, 'The contested role of English in West Africa: Ghana', 4.30pm, Wed 22 March, Sheffield Hallam University

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Fri Mar 31 13:34:41 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I usually try to film these sorts of talks, and sometimes I actually succeed. This
was one of those times.

Paul has kindly put his slides on academia.edu here, https://academia.edu/32042749/,
and he's put the video I made on Youtube here, https://youtu.be/6t8N9-oIjSE.

And in that video, Paul sometimes bounces ideas off a knowledgeable audience member
off camera. That was Elvis Yevudey, at Aston University: https://goo.gl/9pN7pz.

Intro and outro chit-chat courtesy of yours truly :)

Enjoy!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk

On 06/03/2017 11:22, Dave Sayers wrote:
> Dear linguistics folks,
>
> I'm delighted announce the latest in Paul Kerswill's series of talks as Visiting
> Professor of the Humanities Research Centre at Sheffield Hallam University. Plenty
> of interest for both research and teaching purposes.
>
> Please register! https://go.shu.ac.uk/KerswillGhana. (Venue details, Paul's
> abstract, directions etc. all on that page too.)
>
> The talk will be followed by a wine & nibbles reception courtesy of the Humanities
> Research Centre, and then dinner for those who'd like to come along (beyond the
> largesse of the Centre, sadly).
>
> The event is open to all, so please pass on this message far and wide, and invite
> along colleagues, students, and anyone else.
>
> See you there!
>
> Dave
>
> --
> Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
> Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk
> Honorary Research Fellow, Cardiff University & WISERD | www.wiserd.ac.uk
> dave.sayers at cantab.net | http://shu.academia.edu/DaveSayers

---