[lg policy] Research grants available

Leigh Oakes l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 15:45:51 UTC 2018

Dear Humphrey,

I was thinking of applying to the Foundation to attend the LP conference in Toronto in August 2018. I’ll be in Montreal already, but will need to cover my travel from there, registration and accommodation somehow. Am I right in assuming that presentations need not be on Esperanto per se? I was planning on presenting a notion of linguistic justice that we developed and applied to Quebec in our newly published book on normative language policy (http://www.cambridge.org/9781107143166). I’m assuming too that one needn’t be resident in the US, or is that not the case?

Thanks in advance for any advice you could offer,
Leigh

---------------------
Dr Leigh Oakes
Reader in French and Linguistics
School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
Queen Mary, University of London
London E1 4NS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 20 7882 8319