[lg policy] Balitchi said that the Russian language has never been a cause of conflict in Ukraine

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:46:58 UTC 2018

Balitchi said that the Russian language has never been a cause of conflict
in Ukraine
magictr <https://koztimes.com/author/magictr/> | October 3, 2018 | Politic
<https://koztimes.com/category/politic/> | 0 Comments
<https://koztimes.com/balitchi-said-that-the-russian-language-has-never-been-a-cause-of-conflict-in-ukraine/3787/#disqus_thread>

[image: Балицкий заявил, что русский язык никогда не было причиной
конфликтов в Украине]

Russian language never was the cause of the conflict in the Donbas and
annexation of Crimea. This was stated by MP from the “Opposition bloc”
Yevhen Balitsky, the TV channel of our website.

“Language was never the reason that began in the country. The cause was
extremism, stupidity and inability to govern, to negotiate and compromise,
on the basis of the situation in which the country was. Russian language in
no way has anything to do with this”, – he stressed.

The MP said that in his native city of Melitopol, where 99% of the
population speaks Russian, never had a problem with the language.

He believes that it is wrong if people are put in charge of “observers and
spies” that will ensure that they spoke exclusively in Ukrainian, as
suggested by one of the projects of the language law.

“The Constitution guaranteed us “freely spikelets ridnoyu movoyu.” The
native language is the one which the person took possession of the first.
For me it’s Russian. I recognize the Ukrainian state, this is not the topic
of discussion… How we live on earth, if the observer… I am strongly against
these laws aimed to split society,” said Balitsky.

He also noted that “the Russian language is now much more issues.” The MP
believes that it is necessary to return to the so-called law of
Kivalov-Kolesnichenko law “On principles of state language policy”, which
was declared unconstitutional by the decision of the constitutional court
in February 2018.

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com