[lg policy] (no subject)

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:07:42 UTC 2018

 [image: Twitter is putting a call for feedback for Arabic speakers on an
upcoming abuse-related policy to ensure it considers global perspectives] By
Sam Bridge
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/>
Sat 06 Oct 2018 02:16 PM
0comments
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/media/405141-twitter-turns-to-arabic-speakers-to-help-create-new-abuse-policy#comments>

   -
   -
   -
   -

Related Articles
[image: How Twitter keeps up with the rapid pace of change in the Middle
East]
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/business/402227-ceo-how-twitter-keeps-up-with-the-rapid-pace-of-change-in-the-middle-east-benjamin-ampen>
How Twitter keeps up with the rapid pace of change in the Middle East
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/business/402227-ceo-how-twitter-keeps-up-with-the-rapid-pace-of-change-in-the-middle-east-benjamin-ampen>
Twitter rooting out fake accounts at record rate
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/technology/400220-twitter-rooting-out-fake-accounts-at-record-rate>
Majority of female users in UAE and Saudi use Twitter as news source
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/400058-majority-of-female-users-in-uae-saudi-use-twitter-as-news-source>
Related Gallery
[image: In pictures: Twitter's hashtag turns 10]
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/gallery/378102-in-pictures-twitters-hashtag-turns-10>
In pictures: Twitter's hashtag turns 10
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/gallery/378102-in-pictures-twitters-hashtag-turns-10>
Related Videos
[image: Video: Twitter's plans to grow in the Middle East]
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/video/396858-video-twitters-plans-to-grow-in-the-middle-east>
Video: Twitter's plans to grow in the Middle East
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/video/396858-video-twitters-plans-to-grow-in-the-middle-east>
Related companies
Twitter Incorporation
<https://www.arabianbusiness.com/companies/twitter-incorporation-74515.html>
Twitter turns to Arabic speakers to help create new abuse policy
Twitter is putting a call for feedback for Arabic speakers on an upcoming
abuse-related policy to ensure it considers global perspectives
[image: Twitter turns to Arabic speakers to help create new abuse policy]

For the first time, Twitter is putting a call for feedback for Arabic
speakers on an upcoming abuse-related policy to ensure it considers global
perspectives.

It is inviting Arabic speakers (Twitter and non-Twitter users) to submit
their feedback to its new policy, to help it shape it.

The feedback form sits in Twitter MENA's Arabic blog -
https://blog.twitter.com/official/ar/topics/company/2018/Creating-new-po...
<https://blog.twitter.com/official/ar/topics/company/2018/Creating-new-policies-together.html>
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads <http://inread-experience.teads.tv>

It will be available until Tuesday October 9 4pm Saudi time. The feedback
form is also available in other Twitter blogs in English, Spanish and
Japanese. Feedback will be aggregated throughout the first couple of weeks
in October.

In a statement, Twitter said: "The Twitter Rules apply to everyone who uses
Twitter. In the past, we’ve created our rules with a rigorous policy
development process; it involves in-depth research and partnership with the
members of our Trust and Safety Council and other experts to ensure these
policies best serve every person on the service. Now, we’re trying
something new by asking everyone for feedback on a policy before it’s part
of the Twitter Rules."

For the last three months, Twitter said it gas been developing a new policy
to address dehumanizing language on Twitter.

"Language that makes someone less than human can have repercussions off the
service, including normalizing serious violence," it added.

"With this change, we want to expand our hateful conduct policy to include
content that dehumanizes others based on their membership in an
identifiable group, even when the material does not include a direct
target."

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com