[Lgpolicy] Online Event | 15 November | Federal Language in the United States

Francis M. Hult via Lgpolicy lgpolicy at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Tue Nov 7 23:29:22 UTC 2023

Please join the Civil Rights Division on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 from
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 pm E.T. for a convening in recognition of the one-year
anniversary of the Attorney General’s memorandum
<https://www.justice.gov/file/1553196/download> to federal agencies to
strengthen our commitment to meaningful language access. We will provide an
update on the Civil Rights Division’s ongoing work with agencies across the
federal government to provide assistance and feedback as agencies revise
and implement their language access plans.  Leadership from several federal
agencies will join us to share key steps they have taken over the last year
to overcome language barriers in compliance with Executive Order 13166
<https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2000-08-16/pdf/00-20938.pdf>,
“Improving Access to Services for Persons with Limited English
Proficiency,” and to discuss the federal government’s continuing work
toward achieving meaningful access for individuals with limited English
proficiency.

To register for this event, please visit
https://www.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_-rYhR85iTJSeleYY8d7prQ.  If you
need language assistance or any other reasonable accommodation to attend
this event, please contact Manushri.Desai at usdoj.gov by Thursday, November
9.