[Lgpolicy] Workshop on 2nd Call - Ethical and Inclusive Conversational AI: Language Attitudes, Linguistic Diversity and Language Rights @EACL2024 in Malta: Call for papers

Angela Soltan angela at soltan.md
Fri Nov 17 09:47:47 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

With joint efforts of multiple LITME members, we are happy to share that we will conduct a workshop collocated with EACL conference in March 2024 in Malta!

Full workshop title:
Towards Ethical and Inclusive Conversational AI: Language Attitudes, Linguistic Diversity, and Language Rights (TEICAI)

We are now accepting different types of original work that will be published by ACL as workshop proceedings. See detailed instructions and call for papers at the workshop website!

Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/view/teicai2024
Submission link: https://softconf.com/eacl2024/TEICAI-2024/

🤖 About TEICAI Workshop:

Conversational AI technologies are shaping our daily interactions, from chatbots to voice assistants. However, as these technologies advance, we must ensure they align with ethical and inclusive principles. The TEICAI Workshop at EACL 2024 invites technologists, linguists, policymakers, and communities to discuss the impact of conversational AI on language attitudes, linguistic diversity, and language rights.

🌍 Key Themes:

  *   Holistic Approach: Bridging the gap between technology and socio-cultural context.
  *   Ethical Development: Addressing concerns of linguistic discrimination, exclusion, surveillance, and security risks.
  *   Inclusive Data Sets: Emphasizing the importance of interaction-based language data sets and inclusion of gestural, social, and emotional aspects.

Looking forward to receiving your submissions!

Best wishes,
Angela Soltan

__

Angela Soltan, Dr., ORCID no. 0000-0002-2130-7621
Cercetătoare - Politici lingvistice educaționale, atitudini lingvistice, limbi în contact și limbi minoritare  http://usm.md | https://usm-md.academia.edu/AngelaSoltan
Coordonatoare grup de lucru Drepturi Lingvistice, Membră a Comitetului de Management, Acțiunea UE COST  CA19102 ‘Language in The Human-Machine Era' (LITHME) | www.lithme.eu<http://www.lithme.eu>
Consultant Comunicare  Life Coach | https://www.linkedin.com/in/angela-soltan-b317aa20/ | https://www.goldengreen.net
 e-mail: angela at soltan.md<mailto:angela at soltan.md>

Angela Soltan, PhD, ORCID no. 0000-0002-2130-7621
Researcher - Language education policy, language attitudes, languages in contact and minority languages | http://usm.md | https://usm-md.academia.edu/AngelaSoltan
WG 3 Language Rights Chair, Management Committee Member, EU COST Action CA19102 ‘Language in The Human-Machine Era' (LITHME) | www.lithme.eu<http://www.lithme.eu>
Communications Consultant and Life Coach | https://www.linkedin.com/in/angela-soltan-b317aa20/ | https://www.goldengreen.net
 e-mail: angela at soltan.md<mailto:angela at soltan.md>