Thanks!

Christina Wasson c-wasson at nwu.edu
Sat Dec 4 08:19:40 UTC 1999

Many thanks to everyone who so generously responded to my request for
information about Ph.D. programs that are strong in the study of child
language acquisition!  The people who sent messages were:  Bonnie
McElhinny, Kathleen M. Ward, Yukako Sunaoshi, Mary Buchholz, Eve. V. Clark,
Richard J. Senghas, Rachel R. Reynolds, Bruce Mannheim, Jillian R.
Cavanaugh, and Gertraud Benke.  The information they provided was really
rich and will, I think, be tremendously helpful to the student for whom I
sent the message.  Programs identified were:

Stanford linguistics and psychology
NYU anthropology
UCLA anthropology and applied linguistics
U Toronto anthropology
Boston U
U Texas Austin linguistics
UC Berkeley linguistics and psychology
U Rochester brain and cog science program
UIC education and psychology
U Michigan psychology, anthropology, linguistics
U Arizona anthropology
U Virginia anthropology
U Chicago human development

People often identified particular scholars in these programs, as well as
connections between scholars in different departments.  If anyone is
interested in more detailed information, feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,
Christina

Christina Wasson, Visiting Assistant Professor
Anthropology Program, DePaul University