time

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at nau.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:33:57 UTC 1999

>In keeping with the AAA theme this year, I'd be interested in hearing what
>people consider some of the most innovative/useful/insightful things that
>linguistic anthropologists (widely conceived) have said about language and
>time recently. I don't have any particular definition of time that I'm
>operating from: tense, discourse sequencing, language change, and much more
>might fit in here.
>
>Please send replies to me and I'll summarize for the list.
>
>Thanks,

Actually, given the relatively light traffic on this list, how would it be
if responses to this question were posted not only to Mary but to the list,
immediately rather than in summary?  I'd like to see them soon, well before
the AAAs.

Best,

Jim

Jim Wilce, Assistant Professor
Anthropology Department
Box 15200
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff AZ 86011-5200

fax 520/523-9135
office ph. 520/523-2729
email jim.wilce at nau.edu
http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jmw22/ (includes information on my 1998 book,
Eloquence in Trouble: The Poetics and Politics of Complaint in Rural
Bangladesh, ISBN 0-19-510687-3)
http://www.nau.edu/asian