technology in the field

E. Lee Skjon eschoen at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 5 00:40:26 UTC 2000

>Would I have been  able to transfer the
>digital to standard cassette and then distribute the cassettes?

yes, it should be relatively simple to record onto a cassette from a
digitial recorder, using its headphone jack (output) while it's in playback
mode, to a cassette recorder using its microphone jack (input). Just bring
your old cassette recorder along with your new digital recorder and a cord
with the appropriately sized (stereophonic) plugs and you should be all
set. Besides, you'd probably want to have a cassette player/recorder around
anyway for listening to locally-purchased tapes and as a back up to the
digital recorder.

E. Lee Skjon
Graduate Student
Depts. of Anthropology and Linguistics