Sad news of Bill Stokoe

Leila Monaghan monaghan at borges.ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 6 16:53:28 UTC 2000

Just wanted to let the people on this list know about the death of Bill
Stokoe, an occasional participant in our discussions, first person to
systematically describe American Sign Language in linguistic terms, a
leader in the fight for Deaf civil rights, and a warm, kind and generous
man.  He will be much missed.

Leila

from Carol Erting...