MP3 from Audio-in on the mac

Kerim Friedman kerim.list at oxus.net
Tue Apr 11 08:52:14 UTC 2000

In a followup to my earlier post, I just wanted to let those interested know that the latest version of the shareware program "SoundJam" for the macintosh now offers the ability to record directly to MP3 format from virtually anything that you can plug into the "sound in" jack on the mac. For those who want to record sound directly to their HD or who want to make CD backups of all their data this could be a very useful tool, so I thought it warrented posting to this list. Since MP3 is 10 to 1 compression this means that hours of material could be squeezed on to a single CD or Zip drive. It could even allow people to share their raw data over the web quite easily as there are many free players that will play MP3 format (including a new free player from SoundJam).

kerim

(Note: I am not affiliated in any way with Casady and Greene, the makers of SoundJam, although I have been honest and paid my shareware fees.)

http://www.soundjam.com

At 4:52 PM -0500 4/5/00, Casady & Greene wrote:
>Some of the new awesome features in SoundJam MP Plus are:
>
>* Record from Sound Input:
>  Transfer your record albums, cassettes, CDs, 8-Tracks, and
>  voice, directly into MP3, MP2, or AIFF files using the sound
>  input jack of your computer.

P. KERIM FRIEDMAN
			Anthropology, Temple University
			<mailto:kerim.mail at oxus.net>