cheap equipment for students

J Dickinson jad5 at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 11 17:08:57 UTC 2000

I have found that for that price, you can get reasonable stereo
recorders, with Aiwa and Sony offering the best value.
I believe that the Aiwa stereo recorder (around $50) comes with a
microphone.  One advantage of these cheaper recorders is that they are
much harder to break than, for example, the Sony Walkman Professional.
As long at it is a stereo recorder, the sound quality is quite good, and
the microphone on the Aiwa has a good pick-up range.

J.Dickinson