At last!

John McCreery mccreery at gol.com
Fri Apr 14 01:56:17 UTC 2000

With apologies to those who have already seen this announcement on other lists.

-----------
To all my friends and colleagues here, I am proud to announce the
publication of

John L. McCreery (2000) Japanese Consumer Behavior: From Worker Bees to Wary
Shoppers. Richmond, Surrey: Curzon and Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.

It's my first book, and I must admit to feeling tickled pink. John Sherry,
an anthropologist who teaches in the Kellogg School of Management at
Northwestern writes,

"This book succeeds as ethnohistory, popular culture, and management
treatise. It plays to the most compelling of postmodern social scientific
concerns as well: reflexivity, and polyvocality. The content, organisation
and style are all engaging. Local nuance is supremely well captured, and
interpreted effectively in the author's 'wrap-around' treatment."

Vanity, all is vanity. But sometimes it feels pretty nice.

John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.
Tel +81-45-314-9324
Fax +81-45-316-4409