Signal Annotation (was Re: MD recorder)

Steven Bird sb at unagi.cis.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 15 15:44:03 UTC 2000

> Anyone here doing time-aligned signal annotation (segmenting and
> labelling) or any other kind of computer-based sound analysis? It's
> quite common in speech research (e.g. speech recognition and
> synthesis) but it seems relatively rare in our field...

Several initiatives to collect, annotate and disseminate data for
little studied languages, are documented on the Linguistic
Exploration page:

	http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/exploration/

This page includes several projects involving anthropologists.

Steven Bird

--
Steven.Bird at ldc.upenn.edu  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/sb
Assoc Director, LDC; Adj Assoc Prof, CIS & Linguistics