New book on Metaphor and Emotion by Kovecses

Gary Palmer gbp at nevada.edu
Wed Feb 23 22:06:18 UTC 2000

I am happy to announce that my new book just came out:

 METAPHOR AND EMOTION. Language, Culture, and Body in Human Feeling.

 New York: Cambridge University Press.

 The main difference between this book and my previous work is that in
this
 study the emphasis is on emotions in general and the larger issues
connected
 with them, and not on particular emotion concepts.

 It relies heavily on Len Talmy's work on force dynamics, and with its
help
 it tries to place emotion in the larger context of the human mind. It
also
 takes up the issue of universality vs. language-specificness in
 conceptualization (in two chapters). The book contains 10 chapters
altogether.

 Best wishes,

 Zoltan Kovecses