Call for AN submissions

Richard J Senghas Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu
Tue Mar 7 20:49:14 UTC 2000

Linganth Folks,

I am starting to put together the Society for Linguistic Anthropology's May
2000 column (yes! May!) for the Anthropology News. May is the LAST edition
before the summer break. If you have anything you would like included in
the SLA column, please send it to me ASAP.  March 15th is the deadline, but
earlier submissions are more likely to make it to print.

The SLA column is a great opportunity to make plugs for interesting
sessions for AAA (and other) meetings that might need some extra
visibility. Summer projects and fall programs that could use some press are
also appropriate. When there isn't space in the column, we can often find
space elsewhere in the Anthropology News --if we get notice in time.

If you ever have commentaries or other short articles (especially, but not
exclusively, if they involve linguistic anthropology in some way), send
them to myself or to Cyndi Dunn (cdunn at unt.edu). We will be happy to
forward them on to Susan Skomol, the AN editor. Short nuggets of interest
to SLA members will be included in the SLA section news column, space
permitting.

Thanks,

Richard J. Senghas
SLA Contributing Editor, Anthropology News