Dinner plans

Leila Monaghan lfmonaghan2 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:10:41 UTC 2000

Hi.  I've finalized the plans for the dinner, we're going to Hunan Home's
Restaurant. We will meet at 6:00pm on Saturday night in the main lobby of
the Hilton, leave at about 6:15.  The walk is relatively long--1.2 miles.
If people want to take a cab they can meet us at 7:00 at Hunan Garden. I
have some MapQuest maps if people would like them--drop a note to me in the
AAA finders box and I'll drop one off for you on Friday afternoon.

Everybody is welcome. Please RSVP ASAP if you haven't already done so and
let me know if you are a vegetarian (see below).

See you all in SF!

Leila

Information:

Hunan Home's Restaurant Chinatown
622 Jackson St.(bet. Grant Ave. & Kearny St.)  San Francisco, CA, 94133-5007
(415) 982-2844

This spacious Chinatown spot "is not much to look at" (a live fish tank,
mirrored walls, tacky chandeliers) "but what it lacks in decor it more than
makes up for with excellent" Hunan dishes (especially the prawns with honey
walnuts); moreover, unlike some of its competitors, the "friendly staff will
cook things the way you want them."

http://www.zagat.com/search/detail.asp?localeID=30&partner=0&ID=26032

The menu will be a set menu $20/person plus tax & tip and will include:
appetizers, hot and sour soup, duck, prawns w/ walnuts, orange chicken,
sizzling beef, sauteed snowpeas, whole fish, string beans, seafood fried
rice.  They said they can also make special arrangements for vegetarians who
don't eat seafood but can you let me know ASAP if you would like this option
(I'm at monaghan at borges.ucsd.edu until Thursday morning, can also be reached
at my cell: 610-529-0460, or through the AAA finders boxes).