transferring audio data to CDs

Shana Walton Shana.Walton at usm.edu
Mon Sep 4 20:41:19 UTC 2000

The rule of thumb for cassette tapes is a shelf life of 15 to 20 years,
if the conditions are cool, dry, the tapes are stored in plastic
containers and sitting upright (not lying on their sides). We have tapes
in our collection that are 25 years old and play fine. But it's pushing
it. Tapes stored in poorer conditions will deteriorate more quickly.

Shana