Qualitative data analysis software?

Donald Carroll dcarroll at sg-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 5 04:06:20 UTC 2000

Dear all,

>academic research. For instance, intense use of citation programs and
>bibliography managers may be overkill for a class paper but may save you a
>lot of time during qualifying exams and dissertation writing.

On the topic of citation programs, does anyone have any experience, advice
or recommendations?  I've downloaded a demo of Citation 7.0 for Windows but
am also wondering about Endnote.  Is this MAC only?  How useful are these
programs?  And are there databases of available "common" references that
could be loaded instead of having to start from scratch.  Certainly in my
field of conversation analysis, I can think of at least 50 references that
would be "standards".

--Don

Prof. Donald Carroll
English Department