Markedness query

Alan Rumsey alr at coombs.anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 5 05:28:51 UTC 2000

I have received the following query from Marshall Sahlins about a kind of
markedness pattern he finds in Fijian, and about whether there are parallel
examples from elsewhere. I told him I didn't know of any, but offered to
post the query on linganth for him. If you feel moved to respond, you can
email him directly or send your message to me and I will forward it to him.
You might also want to post your response for discussion on the net.