Intertextuality

Eduardo Trucco (by way of Jim Wilce) eduardotrucco at arnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 13 19:43:48 UTC 2000

I am forwarding to the list this query from Eduardo Trucco, since the
precise origin of these chapter titles is beyond me, as familiar as
they might sound.  If you know the source, please respond directly to
him at (eduardotrucco at arnet.com.ar) and cc the list.

Best,

Jim Wilce

I am finishing an MA degree in applied linguistics at the National
University of Cordoba (Argentina) and at present I am doing a work in
intertextuality. I have some copies from a book some content of which
I would like to use and quote in that work, but unfortunately I only
have the title and page numbers of its chapter 4: 'Metalinguistics:
The Dialogue of Authorship' - 'Problems of Authorship' (pgs.123/171).
The chapter is about some aspects of Bakhtin/Voloshinov's
theory, where it is developed issues and concepts such as 'Utterance
Versus Sentence', 'Active Understanding: The Join Creation of the
Word', 'Authors: Voice and Intonation', 'Heteroglossia',
'Stylization', and 'Parody'.

Even when I have been searching for this reference for a long time,
it has been impossible for me to find this information mainly because
I live in a Spanish speaking developing country where books written
in Enghish and information about English books are not easy to obtain
at all.

I am sorry for bothering you with this request. I would not be
sending it unless Dr. Carranza had advised me to do it. She told me
that quite surely you may have the reference I am looking for.

I am looking forward to receiving your answer.

Yours sincerely,

Eduardo Trucco
Cordoba, Argentina.