ideology in minority language movements

Susan E Frekko sefrekko at umich.edu
Fri Sep 22 22:01:53 UTC 2000

Thanks for the responses on my query.  I was asked to post the results, so
here they are:

Dorian, Nancy. 1987. The Value of Language Maintenance Efforts Which Are
Unlikely to Succeed. International Journal of the Sociology of Language 68.

Alexandra Jaffe's book on language ideologies in Corsica.

Harold Schiffman's book ""Linguistic Culture and Language Policy"
(published by Routledge) and his website that includes bibliographies on
language ideology and language policy:
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/540/540bib.html

If anyone has more suggestions, I'd be happy to get them.

Susan

--On Thursday, September 21, 2000, 9:16 PM -0400 Susan E Frekko