AAA panel on joking/humor and identity

J. Dickinson jdcknson at umich.edu
Thu Feb 8 13:44:05 UTC 2001

Dan Suslak (U. Chicago) and I (U. Michigan) are putting together a panel
for the AAA's on joking/humor and identity.  Although we originally
conceived of the panel as focusing specifically on jokes about "hicks" in
the "big city" we would like to start off recruiting for the panel by
casting the net a bit wider.  If you have an idea for a paper on any aspect
of joking/humor and identity approached from a linguistic anthropological
perspective, and you think you'd like to join our panel, please email me at
jdcknson at umich.edu.
Best wishes,
J. Dickinson