Italian dialects

Luisa Maffi maffi at terralingua.org
Fri Jan 12 16:40:05 UTC 2001

Hi all, does anyone on this list have information about individuals,
institutions, or organizations in Italy specifically devoted to the
revitalization of Italian dialects? Of particular interest would be
anything concerning the Genovese dialect.

Also, anyone who knows what the current status of the European Charter on
Regional Languages is in Italy? I think Italy signed it but I don't know
whether it has ratified it. And any info on where to get the text of the
Charter? Is it on the web somewhere?

Thanks for any info. Please feel free to respond directly to me rather than
the list if you feel more comfortable that way. Cheers,

Luisa Maffi

Luisa Maffi (Ph.D.)
President, Terralingua: Partnerships for Linguistic and Biological
Diversity - Research Collaborator, Smithsonian Institution, National
Museum of Natural History, Dept. of Anthropology, Washington, D.C.

Mailing address:
Terralingua, 1766 Lanier Place NW - Washington, D.C. 20009, U.S.A.
Phone/Fax: +1.202.986 6139
Email: maffi at terralingua.org
WWW: www.terralingua.org