West Indian and Asian English in the UK

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jul 2 15:38:19 UTC 2001

Hi all-

I'm searching for references that discuss the linguistic features and the
situation of migrant groups in the UK, particularly West Indian and South
Asian groups. I'm most concerned with discussions of linguistic features and
'interference' effects from the migrant languages/varieties in native English
speakers (i.e. born in the UK). I'm familiar with Hewitt and Rampton, but my
LLBA and MLA searches don't come up with much more. Any suggestions would be
heartily appreciated, and if the volume of response warrants, I will
summarize.

Thanks-
Scott

--