Rapanui: seeking support for book writing

Nicholas Ostler nostler at chibcha.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 12:39:31 UTC 2001

Dear all

I received this interesting alert from Easter Island, where it seems
that there would be local interest in writing books in the local
language Rapanui.

Grant McCall <g.mccall at unsw.edu.au> is on site there, and would be
the first person to contact, if anyone is interested in getting
involved. Doug Whalen <whalen at alvin.haskins.yale.edu>  has also been
active to getting the message across on endangered-languages-l, but I
don't believe these details have been put about.

But to the message:

                        Nicholas   Ostler
                            President
               Foundation for Endangered Languages