Position in Educational Linguistics at Penn

Nancy H. Hornberger nancyh at gse.upenn.edu
Sat Mar 24 01:03:56 UTC 2001

TENURE-TRACK PROFESSOR, EDUCATIONAL LINGUISTICS
The Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania
invites applications for a tenure-track position in the area of
Educational Linguistics. The candidate should have an earned doctorate,
with expertise in language learning and teaching in national and
international contexts, across classrooms, schools, and communities, and

research and teaching experience focused on one or more of the
following: TESOL/TEFL studies, second language development and
bilingualism, the role of language in international and multicultural
education. We are interested in a scholar whose abilities and interests
relate to students at both doctoral and master's levels, and who can
offer courses, as well as supervise, guide, and conduct research germane

to the interests of professional educators and educational researchers.

We anticipate that the appointment would be made at the assistant or
associate professor level.

Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, publications,
and references by OCTOBER 1, 2001 to:

Teresa Pica,
Chair, Search Committee in Language in Education
University of Pennsylvania
Graduate School of Education
3440 Market Street, Suite 370
Philadelphia, PA  19104-3325.

The University of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer.

--
Nancy H. Hornberger, Ph.D.
Professor