transcribing digitized recordings

Steven Bird sb at unagi.cis.upenn.edu
Wed May 30 16:43:05 UTC 2001

Laura Ahearn writes:
> Does anyone know of a machine with foot pedals or a software program that
> would facilitate the transcription of digitized recordings?  A student of
> mine has just bought a mini-disk digital recorder and is wondering how
> she's going to transcribe her recordings.

A wonderful tool for this is called "Transcriber":

  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/mirror/Transcriber/

Inspired by this tool, we've been developing a family of similar tools for
transcription and annotation, called AGTK (Annotation Graph Toolkit) which
recently went open source.  The software is still in the development stage:

  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/AG/

-Steven

--
Steven.Bird at ldc.upenn.edu  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/sb
Assoc Director, LDC; Adj Assoc Prof, CIS & Linguistics