term search

Paul B. Garrett pgarrett at astro.temple.edu
Fri Oct 12 20:37:06 UTC 2001

If you don't insist on a recent source, Charles Frake dealt with this:

Frake, Charles, 1964.  "The Diagnosis of Disease among the Subanun of
Mindanao."  In Dell Hymes (ed.), _Language in Culture and Society_, pp.
193-211.

See esp. p. 197; but glancing over it, it doesn't seem that he proposes any
special term (re your question #1).

Re question #2, if you haven't already consulted it, Chapter 5 ("Cognitive
Anthropology") of William Foley's 1997 textbook _Anthropological
Linguistics: An Introduction_ is a good source for likely references.

Paul