MD equipment query

Paul B. Garrett pgarrett at astro.temple.edu
Fri Oct 12 21:37:24 UTC 2001

Alex Enkerli has brought my attention to (among other things) the
website www.minidisc.org, which provides much of the information
that I needed; the FAQ pages are quite detailed and helpful, much
more so than FAQs usually are.  (I recall now that this site has
been mentioned on linganth before, but I had forgotten about it.)

So--this site takes care of a lot of my questions, and I'm no longer
a total ignoramus about the ABCs of MD.  I'm still interested in
knowing what specific hardware and software people are using,
however, and what successes and problems they've encountered.

Thanks also to Kerim Friedman for reminding that microphones need to
be chosen carefully (and in some respects are more important than
the medium you're recording onto).

Paul