agency and language

Laura M. Ahearn ahearn at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 5 14:25:58 UTC 2001

     A review I wrote, entitled, "Language and Agency," will appear in
the 2001 Annual Review of Anthropology, due out in October, I believe.
In the review, I discuss various definitions of agency, then suggest how
work in linguistic anthropology has contributed to a more sophisticated
understanding of the notion.  I would be happy to send a copy of the
page proofs to you, your student, or anyone else interested in reading
the review.

           Peace,
           Laura

Prof. Laura M. Ahearn