The Current Tragedies

SANUSI ALENA LEE sanusi at ucsu.Colorado.EDU
Thu Sep 13 16:54:58 UTC 2001

Yes, Celso, I have also thought of the details of the suffering and
concluded that there is nothing new under the sun, except that this is
happening to *us*, and there is, or we can hope there is, still something
we can do about what happens next.  So we throw at that problem whatever
resources we have to do that, aware that nothing can undo the horror of
what happened, but desperate that it not get worse.  If all we have to
throw at the problem is our words (which are both all we have and
fragile), then we have to do so.  There is not an approach to dealing with
this, from analysis to your outrage, Celso, that has not called forth
something from me, and all of it is incredibly precious in managing the
aftermath and the future, for our individual and collective sense-making
and figuring out what to do and how to live with the world we are
creating.

Alena Sanusi
University of Colorado at Boulder