CALL FOR PAPER - ETHNOGRAPHY FORUM

Angela Reyes reyesa at dolphin.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 18 22:17:28 UTC 2001

The October 5th deadline is fast approaching!

- - -

Center for
Urban
Ethnography

Graduate School of Education
University of Pennsylvania
3700 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6216

Dear Colleague,

The University of Pennsylvania's Graduate School of Education and the
Center for Urban Ethnography announce the 23rd Annual Ethnography in
Education Research Forum, March 1st and 2nd, 2002.  Please find our Call
for Papers on the web (http://www.gse.upenn.edu/cue/forum.html). We
encourage proposal submissions to the 2002 Forum that focus directly on
issues of significance for the conduct and understanding of the
processes of education.  The submission deadline is October 5th, 2001.

The theme of the 2002 Forum is "Dialogue across Time, Space, and
Perspective."  We are happy to announce that Luis Moll, Sonia Nieto,
Kris Gutierrez, and Ray McDermott will be our plenary speakers this year
and may also join in facilitating the data analysis consultation
sessions which are a regular part of the Forum.

The Forum hosts a diverse selection of workshops convened by graduate
students, researchers, and practitioners in the fields of education and
anthropology.  Proposals may be submitted for data analysis
consultation, individual papers, works-in progress, and group sessions.
We especially encourage proposals which incorporate the dialogue theme
of the 2002 Forum.

Please post this announcement as an invitation for faculty, students,
teachers and other practitioners to participate in the Forum.  Further
inquiries may be directed to Angie Reyes and Mihyon Jeon, the Student
Forum Coordinators, at cue at gse.upenn.edu.

Thank you for your assistance.  We look forward to seeing many of you at
the Ethnography Forum 2002.

Sincerely,

Nancy H. Hornberger
Convenor