request

Elizabeth Keating ekeating at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 30 22:28:38 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,

The Journal of Linguistic Anthropology (JLA) gets many books to review on
diverse topics. It is very exciting to see all these freshly in-print,
brand-new books representing great scholarship across a range of topics,
languages, and cultures! And we would like to take better advantage of the
expertises "out there" (you all) in this process of reviewing the
innovative work emerging in our sub-discipline and related fields. If you
are willing to do a book review once in awhile, could you email me or email
Mary (Bucholtz) and let us know what topics you are particularly interested
in or particularly well suited to reviewing?  A quick email reply would
suffice, and we will add your name to our list. Also let us know if you are
interested in reviewing a particular book.

We know that your time is very precious-- at the same time perhaps you will
be delighted to receive our praise not to mention a free book.

And many many thanks to all of you who have been so generously doing book
reviews and manuscript reviews and contributing to JLA.

all best, Elizabeth Keating and Mary Bucholtz, co-editors, JLA

PS: see JLA website at http://www.aaanet.org/sla/jla/jlamain.htm

(apologies for cross-postings)

Elizabeth Keating
Associate Professor