Bourdieu

Susan Ervin-Tripp ervintrp at socrates.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 28 00:38:04 UTC 2002

Senghas' posting about Bourdieu reminds me of the difference in the media
attention to intellectuals here and in France. If anyone is interested,
I would be glad to attach to you the 91k file I downloaded from
Le Monde (in French of course).  In Paris 17 years ago, I was impressed to see
two large audience halls crowded with people, many of whom looked like
businessmen, who had come to hear his regular lectures at the College de
France, even if they had to sit in the loudspeaker room.

Susan Ervin-Tripp