CFP: Language Socialization in the Professions and Skilled Trades

Ken Ehrensal ehrensal at kutztown.edu
Wed Jan 2 18:52:27 UTC 2002

I would like to organize a session for the 2002 AAA in New Orleans around the topic of "Language Socialization in the Professions and Skilled Trades" and I am seeking fellow travelers.  My work focuses on how undergraduate business school students learn to talk about business and organizations.  I am looking for other papers which deal with how novices/apprentices learn the talk of their trade/profession.  If you are interested in participating, please contact me off-list.

Ken Ehrensal
Associate Professor
Management Department
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
ehrensal at kutztown.edu
http://faculty.kutztown.edu/ehrensal
America Works Best When We Say, UNION YES!