Hugo-Hogget?

Esther Kim Choi ekim at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed May 1 04:35:36 UTC 2002

Apologies for cross-posting.

I am posing this query for a friend who is not on the list. Is anyone
familiar with a legend that involves a mountain known as either
"Jugul-Hogget" or "Hugo-Hogget?" The story may be of a particular motif of
stories out of Europe and which dealt with farming, called the "crop
rotation" motif. This legend may be Ecuadorian in origin, or it could have
traveled to Ecuador via colonialism. We are not sure. If anyone has any
information about the origin of this story/legend as well as the mountain
name, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Esther

--