Discourse and gibbons

Timothy Mason tmason at club-internet.fr
Sat Nov 16 16:19:46 UTC 2002

One thing I think I know about discourse is that terms can slip from one
discursive domain to another, changing meaning and role, and occasioning
clarity/perplexity or whatever. If people who study primates - or bees
or sub-nuclear particles - find a use for the term 'discourse' - or for
terms such as 'dance', 'language' and so on - then they will use them.
Boundary managaers may well feel moved to condemn, but the best they can
hope to do is to wag a stern finger at any illicit border-crossing.

	Best wishes

		Timothy Mason