apologies

Laura M. Ahearn ahearn at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 25 22:56:33 UTC 2002

Dear Folks,

     My sincere apologies to any of you who tried to attend the AAA
session yesterday on Social and Grammatical Agency, a roundtable
discussion with Alessandro Duranti, Barbara Fox, Bruce Mannheim, Bambi
Schieffelin, and myself.  Because of the time slot the session was given
(12:15-2:00pm Sunday), several of our participants couldn't make it, so
we cancelled it.  The cancellation was noted in the addendum to the
program that was supposed to have been given to everyone with the
regular program, but there reportedly was still some confusion caused by
some sort of sign posted on the room directing people to yet another
room.  To anyone who was inconvenienced by this wild goose chase, I
apologize.

     Although we were unable to hold the discussion on Social and
Grammatical Agency yesterday, we still hope to do so at some
as-yet-unspecified venue in the future.  If anyone has any ideas about
when and where this could occur, please let us know.  And if anyone
would like to hold a virtual discussion here on linganth about social
and grammatical agency, that would be wonderful.

     Again, I'm so sorry for the confusion, and I hope to see you all at
a future session on agency.

                          Laura

Laura M. Ahearn
Department of Anthropology