adult children and their parents

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at nau.edu
Mon Oct 28 18:16:29 UTC 2002

Greetings!  Does it seems to others that this list has been sleepy?
I hope the following requests don't add to thatŠ

1) Does anyone know of publications analyzing mother-child
interactions where the child is an adult?  I have an undergraduate
student whose research paper would benefit from such sources if they
exist.

2) Also, I'd love recommendations on sources arguing that patterns of
cross-sex interaction in English are or are not changing in the last
decades. There is much that argues that researchers' models and
perspectives have changed (since Robin Lakoff) but what's hot in the
"empiricist" literature on sociolinguistic change vis-a-vis gender?

Best,

Jim
--
Jim Wilce, Associate Professor of Anthropology
Box 15200