Lx Field & Lab gear

Vincent de Rooij vderooij at pscw.uva.nl
Tue Oct 29 11:34:55 UTC 2002

As a follow up to my previous message (see below):

on the web and in a Dutch computer magazine, reviewers point out that the
parts of the Archos recorder's plastic case do not fit together perfectly.
As a result, dust may creep into the machine and that may mean the end of
the hard disk (or other parts) inside.

I am thinking of buying the Archos myself but I will only do so after a
thorough inspection of the machine. I advise all prospective buyers to do the
same.

vincent de rooij
dept. of sociology and anthropology
university of amsterdam

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:03:17 +0200, Vincent de Rooij <vderooij at pscw.uva.nl>
wrote:

>Hi Dan,
>
>No, you didn't miss this.
>I would be interested to know as well.
>
>If you look at the hardware components of the Archos, you'll see that it's
really a rather basic portable computer without cd or floppy drives. So,
working with the Archos in the tropics should be equally difficult/easy as
working  with a laptop computer (main problems: dust and/or humidity).

>Vincent

(...)