Bakhtin Query

Maggie Ronkin ronkinm at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 00:59:01 UTC 2003

Hi

I am looking for clarification of the chart on page 199 of Caryl
Emerson’s translation of Bakhtin’s _Problems with Dostoevsky’s
Poetics_. In particular, I would like to know of clear explanations
(readily available on the web or in print) of the various types of
vari-directional double-voiced discourse and reflected discourse of
another, with examples in English, or to find someone who will
offer me this information. It is for use in discussing directly
reported speech (not in English) in narratives in my
dissertation. My preferred email address is:

ronkinm at georgetown.edu

Many thanks

Maggie Ronkin