query: teaching article, gender and language in India

Ellen L. Contini-Morava elc9j at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 29 20:32:01 UTC 2003

Hello, here are two possibilities:

Gloria Goodwin Raheja and Ann Grodzins Gold, Listen to the Heron's Words:
Reimagining Gender and kinship in North India.  U of California Press
1994.

Kira Hall and Veronica O'Donovan, "Shifting gender positions among
Hindi-speaking hijras".  In V. Bergvall, J. Bing, and A. Freed (eds.),
Rethinking Language and Gender Research:  Theory and Practice.  Longman
1996.

Ellen